Friday, September 17, 2010

Rampage

Hi friends!

First, many thanks for Mike & Tracy for allowing me to post this on here.

This is a video of myself giving a reading of 'Rampage'--a selection from 'Leave Luck To Heaven', a collection of lyric essays based off of 8-bit Nintendo games.

I hope to be posting a few more of these in the future (and some non-video posts too) on here.

I rented this game from Showbiz Video when I was a kid and spent an entire Sunday morning beating the game. It has the worst/most anticlimactic ending ever, and the levels never get any harder/more interesting. Not suggested.

-Brian

2 comments:

  1. Always sort of amazing and sad to me how little effort they've put into this game over the years. It hasn't ever really grown or changed. Concept's a license to print money, but they refuse to actually implement it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this game--but it's a love born of nostalgia and not true enjoyment. When I was a kid a friend and I went on a Rampage bender and never reached the end. Nothing ever really changed...

    ReplyDelete