Friday, February 11, 2011

Beard Haiku

What I've learned about AWP 2011 is that everyone's face was thick with hair. It's probably for the best that I didn't go, as I'd just shaved away my enormous beard.

Over the past few days I've been posting beard haiku at my blog, both my own and the words of a bearded friend, and now, after thinking too much about facial hair, I'm fairly disgusted by it.

Beard Haiku Number Three

clippings in the sink
fanned dirt or cluster of ants
darkens porcelain


Beard Haiku Number Two

Shaved my beard Thursday.
Looked like a dead prospector.
Now more like a rat.


Beard Haiku Number Five (exclusive to the Uncanny Valley blog!)

ice crystallizes
in and heavies down our beards
cold weight on our jaws

1 comment:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.
    Beard oils

    ReplyDelete