Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lessons Learned from Video Games

Someone in Australia did a fun interview with Owen Pallett in which they asked him to talk about some video game-inspired life lessons. He did so, naming Space Quest III, Out of This World, Ico, Portal, and Call of Duty 4

I thought I'd really quickly do the same.


Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure taught me that, no matter how cute and otherwise harmless you are, being a hero means destroying the environment one boss at a time. 



Metal Gear Solid taught me that you can keep your mind your own as long as you remember to switch controller ports.



Legend of Dragoon taught me that revenge takes a good long time, so you'd better find other things to interest yourself along the way.



Final Fantasy IX taught me that you don't have to be born to fear death.





Final Fantasy VIII taught me that friendship is magnetic, cosmic, genetic. It taught me that working hard might mean forgetting about the people you love. It taught me that you don't have to remember someone to love them--unless you're going to mess around with space and time, in which case, you better have a meeting place picked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment